- Steal anything you can from the stationary cupboard. Maybe start small and take a pen or two. Then get a little more confident and go for a notebook – you know, the really nice ones that they hide in the corner. Once you’re a pro at these the blu-tac, post it notes and scissors are all yours!
- Start a business on the side to distract you from how much you hate work. Hey, how about an online stationery store??
- Fly paper airplanes across the room and when someone looks your way, feign ignorance. “What, that airplane? I think that was John from Marketing”.
- Throw bits of paper at the back of your colleagues heads. Again, blame John from Marketing.
- Spend as much time as possible in the toilet. 5 minutes of each hour and that’s quite a chunk of your day gone! Plus no one likes to ask about toilet habits, so it’s a pretty safe bet.
- Stage an office Olympics. See who can race their chair across the room the fastest. Who can cross the room without touching the floor? Of course this can only work with fun colleagues – if you don’t have these you could try it yourself, but be ready for some weird looks and perhaps a telling off.
- If the job is that bad you might spend all your time analysing your life. How did I end up here? Where do I want to go? You can have hours of fun here. Let’s write a list of life goals!
- Consider every possible way to get out of this job. Look at recruitment apps when no one is looking. Consider becoming a webcam agent and selling used underwear online. Dream about the least painful illness that would get you out of work for a while and then wonder how you can get it.
- Develop a slighty annoying habit and see how long you can get away with it for. Perhaps you feel the need to cough every time someone starts talking? Maybe you’ve started pronouncing your bosses name slightly weirdly? Oh the endless fun.
- Spend hours perfecting your resignation letter… And one day get fed up enough that you actually hand it in!
*I can’t be held accountable for any readers who do any of the above points and get in trouble and/or fired!!* 😉