Good morning everyone! Today I wanted to share some tips on making the most out of your mornings. I am in no way a morning person – I need time to myself to wake up properly otherwise I’m grumpy for the rest of the day. I’ve been trying to work on a morning routine that will set my day up properly, and keep my grumpiness to a minimum! These are the top tips that I’ve found.
- Stick to a sleep routine. Try to sleep and wake up at roughly the same time each day, even on the weekend. Having a longer sleep at the weekend throws the bodies routine out.
- Aim to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night, but don’t stress if you know it’s not going to happen. Stressing will keep you up longer – it’s better just to get as much as you can but stay relaxed.
- Keep your curtains open. Natural light is the best way for your body to wake up gradually.
- Don’t snooze your alarm – even if this means leaving it the other side of the room so you have to get up to turn it off.
- Set your alarm tone to something gentle and relaxing. An alarm doesn’t need to be an angry sound – try some music or a softer tone instead.
- Stretch as soon as you wake up. Your body has been mainly still for hours – give it that time to adjust and move your muscles slowly.
- Drink a glass of room temperature water when you wake up. This hydrates you and gets the brain working.
- Set your clothes out the night before. This gives you one less thing to worry about and saves any last minute stress. (Clothes are never where I think I’ve left them!)
- Always have something to look forward to. This can be difficult – especially if you’re dreading the day ahead. It can be as simple as your favourite type of tea or a yummy breakfast.
- Go for a walk, do some yoga or whatever form of exercise you like. Regular exercise is fantastic for your body and your mind!
What do you guys do in the morning? Are you happy with your routine or are there things you’d like to change?
Love Roxy xx